Tuesday, April 26, 2011

FINAL REFLECTION

Well, I guess I've reached the end of my 17 Things...A few thoughts:
1. I definitely think this was a worthwhile experience for any and all teachers. I really enjoyed learning how to use these tools, even though I won't necessarily use all of them in my class YET.
2. My favorite tools are the blog and the google cloud computing. I always thought blogs were sort of out of my league as far as technology went, but I realized how incredibly easy they are to use after this experience. My plan is to incorporate the blog idea into my classroom next year and utilize it as a great tool for homework and general communication with students outside of the traditional classroom setting.
3. I also found the google cloud computing to be incredibly helpful. I really think that part of our efforts as a "green" school should be to do as much paper-less work as possible. Google Clouds makes that REALLY easy, and the kids actually understood the benefits of using it and not having to save things to their email or a zip drive and loading it back up. Plus, it got rid of the excuse of "my printer was broken". If the paper is done, it's right there in the cloud.
As far as the rest of the items are concerned, I found them to be cool in general but probably not a lot of stuff I'm going to try to use right away in my classroom. However, if nothing else this showed me how many cool FREE resources there are out there just waiting to be used. You just have to search around for them a little bit and it takes care of itself.
At the end of the day, I'm really glad I did this and look forward to the Master Edition next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment