Wednesday, December 15, 2010

17 Things Part 2

CREATING A PRESENTATION:

Here is a presentation I made for Chapter 18 of Catching Fire for my English 10 class. I have also had my students create 2 google presentations over the course of this semester. Together, we have found quite a few things about google presentations to be tremendously helpful in the classroom.
First, the ability to link pictures, sounds, videos, etc. right off of google and onto the presentation is fantastic. There is no more saving files from websites and tracking them down. The files are automatically embedded within the project. Once I really got the hang of this I found the presentations to be really easy to be put together. In fact, I'd say this 6-slide presentation took me MAYBE 10 minutes. Though it's obviously not a very elaborate presentation, it definitely shows all the quick tools you have at your disposal with google presentations. The only thing that took some getting used to was NOT incorporating all of the power point "bells and whistles", though that is obviously a good thing.
Here's the Catching Fire presentation:
https://docs.google.com/present/edit?id=0AYOswwZVzq_HZGQ1djV2eDRfMThwdzR0cHRnMg&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment