Friday, December 17, 2010

Thing 3 - Weebly Web

I spent some time today working on the weebly website. I have included the link below. In general, I thought it was really easy to start the process - uploading pictures, creating pages within the site, loading content, etc. It seems like this would be way easier than I thought. I could definitely use this in my classroom by setting up a blog that the students could use to respond to journal questions or novel topics.
However, the free service doesn't really offer any of the tools I would need to use this in my classroom. A lot of those things are only included in the version you have to pay for. The benefit is that you get your own domain name and add-ons like multimedia tools. So if I wanted to post a video for my students to watch before a lesson and comment on it, I'd have to be using the upgraded version that costs like $40 or something...At this point, I want to learn a little more about the process before I invest in it.
Here's the link to my website:
http://mrdignansclassroom.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment